I want to share some tips for when you come back from a vacation or trip on how to get things back on track. A lot of people always say they let it all go on a vacation and come back and need to get it together again. Here are a few tips I use.
- Clean out the fridge & Pantry. You aren’t leaving your house fully stocked with everything so take this time to clean it out and get rid of all the expiring or unhealthy food you no longer want. (Make sure to donate anything you can!)
- Cleans. By this I mean take the next week to really eat clean, eliminate as much processed food as you can and eat whole foods. This allows your system to clean out of the food and drinks you enjoyed on your vacay.
- Get Active. Get right back into scheduling your workouts or activities to get you moving. Anything you like to get your body moving
- Plan your Meals and shop. Plan out your menu for the week all meals and get your shopping list together and go to the store. This will keep you eating clean and away from the fast food or grabbing something quick that isn’t so great for you.
- Cleanse your Skin. Don’t forget about your largest organ, your skin. Do some masks on your face to get those pores cleaned out and moisturize.
After a fun vacation take the time to stay on track. Don’t like a week or a few days derail all of your hard work.
We just got back from a vacation. It is rare for us to take a week together, we get short periods of time but with our jobs it’s hard to coordinate. Plus you know….life. A lot of other things are going on in our lives but we still mad it happen. It was great too, we got to spend time away and for 4 days I had no service and it was THE BEST! I totally recommend it. I missed nothing.
We went to Hot Springs, AR, Nashville, TN and Byrdstown, TN/Dale Hallow Lake. My family has been going to the lake since before I was born. My dad went with his family, then took my mom, then us and now we continued the tradition and now shared it with my niece. Being on the lake are some of the best memories from growing up, it is my favorite place. We spend our days on the water and evenings eating and talking but mostly laughing about something.
I stayed active with water sports, chasing my niece, walking and so much more. I used to love to just lay around on vacations but now I enjoy getting up early having coffee and getting things going. I know not everyone is like that! I love to see all the sights and being a “tourist” so yes in Nashville I was just that. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium and walked all over down town. It was so fun.
Hot Springs was beautiful, it was just a one night stop but it was gorgeous and I would definitely go back. We had a great dinner at a cute little brewery on the hill and a morning on the golf course.
Where are you favorite places to go?