So much has been happening and I have been neglecting my blog. I can hardly find time in the day to shower so actually sitting down to write anything longer than a text is hard. I LOVE being a mom and worked so hard to become one that I truly let everything else go. Even some house work. I know people find that shocking but I only clean after she goes to bed or naps.
The reason I am here is to share this great face mask with you. I feel like I have huge pores and I do everything I can to minimize them and keep them clean. This Black Mask is charcoal based and peels off. It comes with an applicator (score!) I tried it this week and it peeled off easy and I could see it cleaning out my pores. My skin looked even and so clear and still days 3 days later. You should use the mask 2-3 times a week and after cleansing your face with warm water to open the pores for best results.
You can get it on Amazon for a steel so check it out and let me know if you love it like I do!
Seriously guys try this mask!
I am absolutely loving this AHAVA Hydration Cream Mask. It is perfect for dry winter days and after a deep exfoliating scrub. The thick cream goes on smooth and soothes your face while it soaks deep into your skin. I cannot describe how calming and cooling it feels.
I slather it on my face and neck twice a week after my exfoliating scrub to make sure I am putting that moisture back into my skin. Especially because exposing the new skin after exfoliating means you need to treat it well. Give back to your face and neck (also back of the hands) These are the places your age shows!
The best parts about the brand….they are eco friendly and very nature conscious about what is going into their product. They strive to impact the environment as little as possible and use a water return process at their manufacturing facility. Plus….
- You will never find parabens in AHAVA formulas.
- All products are vegan, just like AHAVA products have always been.
- AHAVA products endure strict allergy testing and are approved for sensitive skin.
- Our natural ingredients are sourced from nature, never from GMOs.
- AHAVA formulates products without the questionable compounds sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), Phthalates and Triclosan.
I have now used two of their products and completely love them both. The Hydration Cream Mask and the Water Mineral Hand Cream. Both really made a difference in my skin, don’t forget skin care is more than just your face! Check them out, I know you will fall in love too.
(Not an add, I don’t get paid or get anything from AHAVA. I just share what I love)
Recently a friend introduced me to some new skin care products, make up and hair care. I have really enjoyed the products I have tried so of course I am going to share. 🙂
I try to be knowledgeable about what goes into the products I put in and on my body. It can be very difficult to get a lot of information about beauty products or personal care products because they are not monitored or required to leave out harmful chemicals. Recently there has been a large surge in people bringing awareness to this issue, including my girl Kourtney Kardashian. (As you know I love my reality TV)
I would really love to be able to go to the store and know that the products on the shelf are safe. We just aren’t there yet. Other countries are far ahead of us in this area.
Anyway! BeautyCounter, these products never use 15000+ ingredients that are harmful (including the 14000 banned from being used in European countries). 80% are naturally sourced or plan derived. The most important part to me is the transparency! They share everything that they are using, no guessing games. They also keep up on all the research being done to continue to grow and develop only the best safe products for your use.
I have been using one of their holiday bundles (which was a great deal) it includes the cleansing balm, balancing facial mask, moisturizer and brightening oil. I have loved each one. The cleansing balm is different than any cleanser I have used, it is thick and tacky but after using for about 2 weeks now it really works great. My skin feels soft and clean with a brightness. TIP: use a washcloth to rinse off to ensure you remove all the balm. After cleansing I use the mask twice a week, as it dries you can really see it getting into all of your pores and tightening your skin. I love to really get in deep to my pores so this is great for that.
The brightening oil I use twice a week as well and it just gives my skin a little kick and adds to the softness. Especially during the winter this is great to counter act the dry air. The Adaptive Moisture Lotion is by far my favorite! The texture rubs on so smooth and a little goes a long way making it last. The smell in AMAZING and the way it balances out my skin all day long really makes it look and feel great.
Take a look at the link below for so many more products and what options are out there for you to get safer personal care products you don’t have to worry about! Tina Herbert has introduced me to these and is a great source of information. Don’t hesitate to ask her questions.
Recently I have really been trying to find new products for my skin care. I have noticed a lot of changes and I really haven’t gotten into a good routine. I have found, that for me, I need something I can grab in a store and not order online or through a seller. I don’t order in advance so I need to just go pick some up. I also don’t like a super expensive price tag so that is important to me. I don’t personally think I have to stick with a full line either, I am mixing and matching what I like best. Here is what I am currently using.
- Hill Country Make Up Remover Wipes / For those of you not in Texas, this is the HEB version. I have also used Neutrogena and fine them to work exactly the same so I purchase whichever is less $$$ – I use this wipe first to remove all my make up for the day or to refresh after a workout.
- Fresh Foaming Cleanser / Neutrogena – I really like this cleanser, it gets deep into my pores and my face looks fresh with no residue after using. I use this after the make up remover.
- Pore Refining Toner / Neutrogena – I have actually used this for a couple of years and every time I stop using it regularly I see my pores getting huge again. A bottle last a long time too because you just use a little bit on a cotton ball after cleansing.
- Pore Strips / Biore – My mom introduced these to me when I was younger (oh happy days) I love them. I actually really love to see everything they pull out of my skin. I buy the value pack that has the nose strips along with the one for your forehead. I cut the one for your forehead in half and use it on either side of my nose strip to get the additional pores on my cheeks. I also do the same with another strip for the chin. I do this once every other week after cleansing/before toner.
- Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream / Aveeno – I grabbed this one day because it was on sale and I feel in love. After washing my face at night I put this on my face, neck and back of my hands. I let it all soak in and my face feels so soft and I can see a difference in the evenness of my skin.
I try my best to do this every night. Sometimes I am lazy and it’s the last thing on my mind but I really see a big difference when I stick to it. I see less oil on my face half way through the day and less outbreaks, which have become a thing now that I am 30. Aging is fun. Try some of these if you are on the search and don’t be afraid to mix and match brands & products.