So it’s another new year and time for me to set some focuses. These are the things I want to maintain throughout 2020. Some are the same as other years and some are new.
- Healthy Lifestyle – continuing to focus on health, not just physically but mentally as well. Being a new mom my health and routine for this is year is going to be 100% different.
- Finances – I love to always keep a budget and meet financial goals for my family and our future.
- Mommy Schedule – I want to focus on getting Savannah into a good routine for her and I to make both of us happy and healthy!
- New things – I love to try new things and I want to do more of that. I want to visit new place, restaurants, parks and try it all.
These are my main focuses and goals of the new year. No I am not focusing on a specific weight number because I never care, the number doesn’t matter to me. I am not picking a specific number for finances because things change in an instant and I just want to maintain good progress and moving forward. Since making this a goal about 4 years ago and tracking everything I have been able to pay off student loans, a car and keep my credit card paid off at all times!
I love a focus! What are your goals or resolutions for 2020?
Since moving to McKinney my morning routine has changed in many ways. I no longer have to commute into an office for work, I work remote in my home office, so it has allowed for some changes.
I cannot get up without 8 legs running in front of me down the stairs so that is actually the first thing I do, let the dogs out and feed them, after all they are more important than anyone else in the house. Once I feed them I make my one cup of coffee for the day, ugh only one cup I know but I am trying to cut back my caffeine intake. I get asked a lot too but I drink my coffee black or with a splash of almond milk. (Most of the sugar and unnecessary calories are in the creamer/sugar so cut it out)
After my cup of coffee I go back upstairs and brush my teeth to try my best to keep that coffee color off my teeth. I also wash my face and put on my collagen cream & vitamin c oil. Then it’s back to the kitchen for an 8oz glass of green juice and vitamins. I do not have a juicer so I get pre made juices, I have tried many different brands and I just make sure that the ingredients are all fruits & vegetables, no concentrates or fake stuff. As I am drinking my green juice I am working in my office and getting a plan set out for the day with my to do list.
I normally have a smoothie, cereal, yogurt or bar for breakfast. My breakfast is usually a smaller mean because the juice really does fill me up for awhile. After the juice it’s water water water for the rest of the day.
This is my morning routine and I love it. I love it because my body knows what to expect and keeping a routine has really changed my skin, hair, nails and digestion. It keeps everything smooth and regular, my skin has never looked better. A routine is not only great for physical health but also mental health. It keeps me moving and my body going.
I asked other people what the 3 must dos are for them every morning and I loved the responses here were some of them
- Wash face
- Check the weather
- Drink water
- Watch the news
- Drink a shake
- Feed pets
Its kinda of fun to see that so many people have similar routines or needs in the morning. It also makes me see even more how our bodies all need similar things nutrition and love being important in the morning. Share with us what your morning routing is.
Recently I have really been trying to find new products for my skin care. I have noticed a lot of changes and I really haven’t gotten into a good routine. I have found, that for me, I need something I can grab in a store and not order online or through a seller. I don’t order in advance so I need to just go pick some up. I also don’t like a super expensive price tag so that is important to me. I don’t personally think I have to stick with a full line either, I am mixing and matching what I like best. Here is what I am currently using.
- Hill Country Make Up Remover Wipes / For those of you not in Texas, this is the HEB version. I have also used Neutrogena and fine them to work exactly the same so I purchase whichever is less $$$ – I use this wipe first to remove all my make up for the day or to refresh after a workout.
- Fresh Foaming Cleanser / Neutrogena – I really like this cleanser, it gets deep into my pores and my face looks fresh with no residue after using. I use this after the make up remover.
- Pore Refining Toner / Neutrogena – I have actually used this for a couple of years and every time I stop using it regularly I see my pores getting huge again. A bottle last a long time too because you just use a little bit on a cotton ball after cleansing.
- Pore Strips / Biore – My mom introduced these to me when I was younger (oh happy days) I love them. I actually really love to see everything they pull out of my skin. I buy the value pack that has the nose strips along with the one for your forehead. I cut the one for your forehead in half and use it on either side of my nose strip to get the additional pores on my cheeks. I also do the same with another strip for the chin. I do this once every other week after cleansing/before toner.
- Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream / Aveeno – I grabbed this one day because it was on sale and I feel in love. After washing my face at night I put this on my face, neck and back of my hands. I let it all soak in and my face feels so soft and I can see a difference in the evenness of my skin.
I try my best to do this every night. Sometimes I am lazy and it’s the last thing on my mind but I really see a big difference when I stick to it. I see less oil on my face half way through the day and less outbreaks, which have become a thing now that I am 30. Aging is fun. Try some of these if you are on the search and don’t be afraid to mix and match brands & products.