I am sharing my healthier version of Mac & Cheese. Try it out and let me know what you think
- 10oz Banza Pasta *made of chic peas and packed with protein*
- 2 cups of milk & 1/2 cup of milk (any kind, even almond)
- 1/4 flour
- 3/4 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salk & Pepper to taste
- Bread Crumbs (optional)
1. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes
2. While your pasta is cooking bring your 2 cups of milk to a simmer **keep the milk moving so it doesn’t burn and clump up** In a separate bowl whisk the remaining milk and flower together. Add it to the simmering milk and stir until it thickens.
3. Add Salt, Pepper and cheese to the thickened milk and stir until the cheese melts.
4. Once your pasta is done drain the water and dump into a casserole pan, add in your cheese sauce and mix together. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and place in the oven under the broiler for 5 minutes or until browned.
This is easy and great for meal prepping. You can add in chicken, tuna, broccoli or anything else you like.
I LOVE these Protein Balls, they are my go to breakfast. I make them on Sunday and have them all week. They store easily and are packed with great nutrients and protein to keep you fuller longer. Try them out!
- 1 cup Dry Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Mix it all together and put in the fridge for 45 minutes. (If it’s in longer no big deal) Now roll into ball shapes and store in the fridge. **Tip before you roll the balls spray your hands with non stick spray to keep from sticking to your hands**
I have the biggest sweet tooth and I have seen so many people making ice cream out of bananas. I had to try it. Here is what I did.
Freeze 4-5 Bananas (Tip peel bananas before you freeze them)
After they are frozen, cut them into slices and place them in the food processor
Add cinnamon & vanilla to taste
Blend, longer than you think, it will start to get flaky but don’t give up just keep going it will become an ice cream texture before you know it.
Put it in a bowl and keep in the freezer, you can fold in anything you want such as strawberries, chocolate chips or even add in peanut butter in the blending process. Be creative.
It is so yummy, I was impressed that it felt like ice cream. It is so refreshing and bright, I will have this in my freeze all summer for sure.
I try to make a pitcher of “Detox Water” each weekend. I normally drink it pretty fast but it is super easy to make.
Grab a pitcher, fill it halfway with water
1 Cucumber sliced (Do not peel get those nutrients!)
1 Lemon sliced
6-10 Mint Leaves
Fill the pitcher the rest of the way and place it in the fridge. Let it sit for a couple hours and drink up!
I love it, you can add more of anything for a different taste. It takes just a few minutes and really tastes great. Here is why I drink it…
Benefits of Lemon
- Aids in digestion and detoxification,
- High in Vitamin C
- Rejuvenates Skin & Body Healing
- Helps Lose Weight
- Boosts Energy & Mood
Benefits of Cucumber
- Weight Loss
- Blood Pressure
- Healthy Skin
- Bone Health
Benefits of Mint
- Promotes Digestion
- Improves oral health
- Remedy for Nausea
- Clears Congestion of Nose, Throat & Lungs
- Natural Stimulant / Relieves from Fatigue & Digestion
So go make a pitcher and let me know what you think!