Here are my 2021 Goals.
- Focus on my overall mental & physical health by committing to 3 workouts a week minimum, being active daily, enjoying what I eat by focusing on healthy choices but not depriving myself, and taking time to allow myself to do something for me.
2. Family is my number one priority and I am going to take more time to spend with family near and far. Not allowing things to get in my way and making it happen no matter what.
3. Financial planning is something I have really been working on over the years. I have met goals in the past of paying off student loans and cars so now I want to meet with a financial planner and look to our future with a more aggressive plan to meet our family goals.
4. Support those around me the way I want to be supported. People go through a lot that no one ever knows about, we all put on a pretty picture for the world but we don’t know what is really going on. I want to give the support to my friends and family that I have needed when no one knew. I want to focus on checking in and being there no matter what.
What are your goals for the year? Share in the Comments.
So many people start setting New Year Resolutions at this time. I don’t call mine resolutions but I do set goals. I will share mine with you soon but in order to help with your goal setting lets go over a few quick ways to set goals that are actually helpful!
Set SMART Goals
- Time Bound.
Setting SMART Goals allows you to set things in place that can help you achieve your goals. Make it Specific, for example don’t say I want to lose weight or be healthy in the new year. Set a number, I want to lose 10 lbs, I want to eat better portioned meals. Things that are specific so that you can Measure them. This helps you to stay motivated and ensure you are getting closer to that goal.
Let’s not be unrealistic! Set a goal that has the ability to be Attainable and Relevant to your overall life goals and place you are in life. Having a Time Bound setting on the goals helps to keep you motivated and on track. It allows you to measure on timelines where you are and what you need to do to get back on track or push forward.
Put these SMART goals into place when you are working on your goals or resolutions for the new year! We will share our goals soon. 🙂
Saying goodbye to 2018 and hello to 2019 is so exciting for me. Some people don’t get into the new year and resolutions and I can appreciate that. I have always set more of what I consider goals for the next year, but close enough. I do however want to say that you do NOT have to wait for a new year, new month, new week or a Monday to make a change or start something new! Every minute of every day you have the choice to make a change or stick to something you have already set for yourself. Don’t wait to set some goals or make a positive move in your life!
With that said I am going to share my goals for 2019 with you! Some of them are the same as I had for 2018 and some are new.
- One of my goals is to lead a healthy life style. You will notice I didn’t say “lose weight” Because weight is not the only thing that makes you healthy, we all have different numbers on the scale that make us healthy. I focus more on good food choices, learning about what I am putting in and on my body and staying consistent.
- Financial budgeting and success. It is always important for me to budget and stick to my financial goals. In years past I had set out to pay off my student loans by the time I was 30 and I was able to do that! (So proud of this) I have also paid off my car and we are now able to put that money towards other goals and projects and fun we have in life. I want to continue this great path. I keep a spreadsheet and track every penny I spend. This allows me to see where I can make changes and what needs to be focused on.
- Relationships are my next goal. I want to focus on putting in the best possible effort I can to make all of my relationships positive and the best they can be. Sometimes this can be hard for me when I am not getting the same in return from other people, however I can only control myself and I want to be positive and happy knowing I made the best effort I could.
Those are my 3 focuses for the year. I don’t want to make too many goals/resolutions because I do stick to mine and I want to keep the focus on these 3 things I find important in my life at this time. 2018 was a year of healing and change for us and I am ready to settle in to our lives in McKinney and move forward to establish the life we want. It is going to be hard and we have already faced several challenges in the month and a half we have been here. I am ready for what is to come and I am happy to move forward.
What are your goals or resolutions for 2019?
Another year over and another new beginning. I have always set New Year’s Resolutions and this year is no different, however this year they are focused on mind and soul. I am focused on attending church regularly, spending time with the people who mean the most to me, being positive and living life to it’s fullest.
Health is more than just a number on a scale or food you are eating. You have to focus on your mental health as well and this is my focus for the year.
We enjoyed a nice dinner out for the last day of 2017 at J Alexander. This was our first time at this restaurant and we had a very nice experience. The Service was wonderful and the food was yummy. I had the salmon and he had a steak, of course.
I am looking forward to what 2018 has in store of me. I am hopeful for positive change and mindful awareness. What are your goals or resolutions for the year?