I love going to the gym and working out, however I really do not when people don’t follow gym etiquette! Below are some of my pet peeves that I see people doing all the time. If you are going to the gym please make sure you follow gym etiquette.
- Clean your machine. I cannot stress this enough, do you want to use a machine covered in a stranger’s sweat? I didn’t think so. All gyms have the cleaning rags all over, after EVERY machine or piece of equipment you use wipe it down.
- Put your stuff away. If you are getting out several size weights, medicine ball and other items to get your sweat on wonderful, now put it all back when you are done. Other people are going to want to use the equipment and shouldn’t have to go on a wild goose chase to find it.
- Kids running around. Many gyms have a kids area where they can go while you workout, if your gym doesn’t then you need to make arrangements for your child while you work out. A young child running around can get seriously injured in a gym. This goes for those middle school aged/teenage kids as well, if they are not there to work out and you are not able to keep your eye on them they do not need to be there. This is not a playground.
- Give people space. Don’t hover over someone while they are exercising, leave room and if you are waiting on a machine give the person space to finish what they are doing and time to clean the machine then go over.
- Cell phone use. If you are going to have a phone conversation step outside, don’t disturb everyone else in the gym. If you are just going to sit on a machine and text or check social media for long extended periods of time, maybe just stay at home. If this is too tempting for you leave your phone in the car. Focus on what you are doing to get the best results.
I see these happen everyday and it can be really frustrating for people who are there and serious about their gym time. If it is your first time going to the gym ask for a tour and learn any specific rules the gym you are attending have. This way you are ready to go!
Saying goodbye to 2018 and hello to 2019 is so exciting for me. Some people don’t get into the new year and resolutions and I can appreciate that. I have always set more of what I consider goals for the next year, but close enough. I do however want to say that you do NOT have to wait for a new year, new month, new week or a Monday to make a change or start something new! Every minute of every day you have the choice to make a change or stick to something you have already set for yourself. Don’t wait to set some goals or make a positive move in your life!
With that said I am going to share my goals for 2019 with you! Some of them are the same as I had for 2018 and some are new.
- One of my goals is to lead a healthy life style. You will notice I didn’t say “lose weight” Because weight is not the only thing that makes you healthy, we all have different numbers on the scale that make us healthy. I focus more on good food choices, learning about what I am putting in and on my body and staying consistent.
- Financial budgeting and success. It is always important for me to budget and stick to my financial goals. In years past I had set out to pay off my student loans by the time I was 30 and I was able to do that! (So proud of this) I have also paid off my car and we are now able to put that money towards other goals and projects and fun we have in life. I want to continue this great path. I keep a spreadsheet and track every penny I spend. This allows me to see where I can make changes and what needs to be focused on.
- Relationships are my next goal. I want to focus on putting in the best possible effort I can to make all of my relationships positive and the best they can be. Sometimes this can be hard for me when I am not getting the same in return from other people, however I can only control myself and I want to be positive and happy knowing I made the best effort I could.
Those are my 3 focuses for the year. I don’t want to make too many goals/resolutions because I do stick to mine and I want to keep the focus on these 3 things I find important in my life at this time. 2018 was a year of healing and change for us and I am ready to settle in to our lives in McKinney and move forward to establish the life we want. It is going to be hard and we have already faced several challenges in the month and a half we have been here. I am ready for what is to come and I am happy to move forward.
What are your goals or resolutions for 2019?
I have to share this product with you guys, I am loving it! Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Gel / Focusing & Soothing. I am so sore almost all the time from working out and being active so a couple people recommended trying a product like this.
First off the smell is amazing! I love the lavender for a calming/soothing scent, which is so good for you after a work out. The texture is gel like but easier to rub in like a lotion, so it cools your muscle when you apply it to your skin. I use it all over; legs, arms, neck – you name it. I use it after the shower and the scents really do provide a calming effect. My muscles feel great after using as well, I am not pain free but the cooling really helps them to calm down and the more I use it the better I feel.
This is a great product to use after your workout and stretching to help with your muscle repair and healing. It will also allow you to feel calm and by being less sore you can push your self more in your next workout.
I also have chronic neck pain and I use it when it flares up. I can really tell a difference and it gives that icing feeling without needing to sit and wait 20 minutes to ice it.
I have added this to my daily routine and you need to try it for yourself!
Check out their website for many more products they offer. (I don’t sell any of this or make any money off any sales, I just really like to share products I love!)
Recently a friend introduced me to some new skin care products, make up and hair care. I have really enjoyed the products I have tried so of course I am going to share. 🙂
I try to be knowledgeable about what goes into the products I put in and on my body. It can be very difficult to get a lot of information about beauty products or personal care products because they are not monitored or required to leave out harmful chemicals. Recently there has been a large surge in people bringing awareness to this issue, including my girl Kourtney Kardashian. (As you know I love my reality TV)
I would really love to be able to go to the store and know that the products on the shelf are safe. We just aren’t there yet. Other countries are far ahead of us in this area.
Anyway! BeautyCounter, these products never use 15000+ ingredients that are harmful (including the 14000 banned from being used in European countries). 80% are naturally sourced or plan derived. The most important part to me is the transparency! They share everything that they are using, no guessing games. They also keep up on all the research being done to continue to grow and develop only the best safe products for your use.
I have been using one of their holiday bundles (which was a great deal) it includes the cleansing balm, balancing facial mask, moisturizer and brightening oil. I have loved each one. The cleansing balm is different than any cleanser I have used, it is thick and tacky but after using for about 2 weeks now it really works great. My skin feels soft and clean with a brightness. TIP: use a washcloth to rinse off to ensure you remove all the balm. After cleansing I use the mask twice a week, as it dries you can really see it getting into all of your pores and tightening your skin. I love to really get in deep to my pores so this is great for that.
The brightening oil I use twice a week as well and it just gives my skin a little kick and adds to the softness. Especially during the winter this is great to counter act the dry air. The Adaptive Moisture Lotion is by far my favorite! The texture rubs on so smooth and a little goes a long way making it last. The smell in AMAZING and the way it balances out my skin all day long really makes it look and feel great.
Take a look at the link below for so many more products and what options are out there for you to get safer personal care products you don’t have to worry about! Tina Herbert has introduced me to these and is a great source of information. Don’t hesitate to ask her questions.
Getting back into a consistent workout routine has been wonderful, even it I really didn’t take any time off. The stress relief, sweat and over all feeling after a great workout really makes me feel amazing as part of my over all mental health.
I have been doing virtual spin classes, TRX, weights, cardio and yoga. I really like to mix things up and not do the same thing everyday. It is also better for your body to keep it guessing and keep the changes coming. Your body will get used to the same thing over and over; making the results much less apparent if at all. This is where a lot of people plateau, get discouraged and quit.
DON’T QUIT, try something new. Is there a class you have always wanted to try? Do it. If your gym doesn’t have classes or you workout at home use the internet. Google free workout videos, search for different combos online there are so many things to choose from. You can try one of the combos under the Home Workouts section of my blog. If you normally hike or run try mixing in some weight training. Cardio is great but you need to build that muscle to keep changing and burning.
Whatever it is don’t be afraid to try something new. You never know what you will fall in love with or really give you a great workout.
Life has been a little crazy at my house with so many different big things going on so I haven’t been finding the time to write. By the time I get home and done with my to do list I am just exhausted. I will share more soon on what has been going on.
I have been able to keep active and do something everyday to keep moving. However my food intake isn’t the best. I really need to focus on this because your food intake and what you are putting into your body really effects everything else with your health. I need to cleanse. I spent Sunday evening meal prepping for the week and I am going to have to push through with my self control.
My goals this week are to stay away from the sweets and sugars. Natural sugar is fine but the fake stuff isn’t needed. Here are some of the things fake sugars can do to your body
- It tricks your body into storing fat by increasing your cravings for carbs
- When you eat something sweet, your brain releases dopamine, which activates your brain’s reward center. The hormone leptin is also released, which eventually informs your brain that you are “full” once a certain amount of calories have been ingested.
- Digestive Issues
These are just a few of the issues. None of them sound fun to me. So this is my focus.
I want to share some tips for when you come back from a vacation or trip on how to get things back on track. A lot of people always say they let it all go on a vacation and come back and need to get it together again. Here are a few tips I use.
- Clean out the fridge & Pantry. You aren’t leaving your house fully stocked with everything so take this time to clean it out and get rid of all the expiring or unhealthy food you no longer want. (Make sure to donate anything you can!)
- Cleans. By this I mean take the next week to really eat clean, eliminate as much processed food as you can and eat whole foods. This allows your system to clean out of the food and drinks you enjoyed on your vacay.
- Get Active. Get right back into scheduling your workouts or activities to get you moving. Anything you like to get your body moving
- Plan your Meals and shop. Plan out your menu for the week all meals and get your shopping list together and go to the store. This will keep you eating clean and away from the fast food or grabbing something quick that isn’t so great for you.
- Cleanse your Skin. Don’t forget about your largest organ, your skin. Do some masks on your face to get those pores cleaned out and moisturize.
After a fun vacation take the time to stay on track. Don’t like a week or a few days derail all of your hard work.