Boerne is such a great place and I am so happy to share another wonderful option with you to stay active. Forever Fit Boerne is located on Main Street just behind Kelani Yogurt, walk through the iron gate down the path and through the adorable teal door. You be ready to shake and sweat!
I had such a great experience here. I loved the variety in the class and that no two are the same, your body gets hit in all areas while keeping your muscles guessing. The energetic music, challenging moves and calming atmosphere offer a great experience for anyone at any level. You can advance your workout by using higher rated bands, weights and lower just another inch into the position. These classes will let you know you had muscles you hadn’t met before.
Lisa is welcoming, warm and tough. She will give you the workout you need while making you feel right at home. This studio offers Barre, Cardio Dance and HIIT Barre. Try them all for some great sweat secession. Their scheduled is sure to accommodate any need from morning to evening and weekend. Personal lessons are also available.
Check out the website below for schedule and pricing options to meet any need.
I look forward to hearing how much you enjoy it because I know you will. Sweat local!
Life has been a little crazy at my house with so many different big things going on so I haven’t been finding the time to write. By the time I get home and done with my to do list I am just exhausted. I will share more soon on what has been going on.
I have been able to keep active and do something everyday to keep moving. However my food intake isn’t the best. I really need to focus on this because your food intake and what you are putting into your body really effects everything else with your health. I need to cleanse. I spent Sunday evening meal prepping for the week and I am going to have to push through with my self control.
My goals this week are to stay away from the sweets and sugars. Natural sugar is fine but the fake stuff isn’t needed. Here are some of the things fake sugars can do to your body
- It tricks your body into storing fat by increasing your cravings for carbs
- When you eat something sweet, your brain releases dopamine, which activates your brain’s reward center. The hormone leptin is also released, which eventually informs your brain that you are “full” once a certain amount of calories have been ingested.
- Digestive Issues
These are just a few of the issues. None of them sound fun to me. So this is my focus.
I want to share some tips for when you come back from a vacation or trip on how to get things back on track. A lot of people always say they let it all go on a vacation and come back and need to get it together again. Here are a few tips I use.
- Clean out the fridge & Pantry. You aren’t leaving your house fully stocked with everything so take this time to clean it out and get rid of all the expiring or unhealthy food you no longer want. (Make sure to donate anything you can!)
- Cleans. By this I mean take the next week to really eat clean, eliminate as much processed food as you can and eat whole foods. This allows your system to clean out of the food and drinks you enjoyed on your vacay.
- Get Active. Get right back into scheduling your workouts or activities to get you moving. Anything you like to get your body moving
- Plan your Meals and shop. Plan out your menu for the week all meals and get your shopping list together and go to the store. This will keep you eating clean and away from the fast food or grabbing something quick that isn’t so great for you.
- Cleanse your Skin. Don’t forget about your largest organ, your skin. Do some masks on your face to get those pores cleaned out and moisturize.
After a fun vacation take the time to stay on track. Don’t like a week or a few days derail all of your hard work.
I am really proud of my activity and consistency this past year. For about 5 years now I have really been focusing on working out and being active. This past year I have really pushed myself and seen great results. I have growing muscle tone and those days I slip up with my food don’t give me so many side effects. Here are some of the things that have really helped keep me consistence and pushing forward.
1.Tracking it – I use a couple different apps and a calendar to do this. I use MyFitnessPal, Endomondo & I keep it in my planner as well as calendar on the wall at my house. Why so many places you ask? For me the two apps track different things so I like them both, the additional of the planner and calendar are because my planner is always with me and keeps me scheduled. The calendar at homes let me know what is going on that week. Keeping it scheduled is key and helps hold me accountable to myself.
2. Trying New Things – I do not like to do the same thing in a work out over and over. I want to be doing new things and trying something new all the time. I love going to new gyms or studios, using free videos online or TV, getting workout DVDs from thrift stores or just doing my own thing at home. Whatever it is I have to mix it up and keep my body guessing.
3. Pictures – Some people think the selfie or gym pic is silly but guess what it can really motivate you. Actually seeing your progress or or body change in photos is really rewarding and pushes you forward.
4. Fit Friends – Surrounding yourself with people who like to be active and eat healthy has been very helpful. I like hearing their ideas and what they are doing or like. Plus is great to go out and be active with great company, walking or hiking, it doesn’t have to be in the gym.
These are the main things that have kept me going and will keep me going forward. What do you guys like to do? Follow me on the apps too!
I pack my gym bag the night before because I work out so early it allows me a few extra minutes of sleep. Since I work out first and then go to work my gym bag might be packed backwards from most people who pack to go to the gym. I pack to go to work.
The first thing I do is decide what outfit I will be wearing to work, I make sure to have all aspects of that outfit including shoes are in the bag. Next I get together any jewelry I will be wearing with the outfit. I place all of that in the bag. Now I add in my personal care items; deodorant, hair products, make up and face wipes.
I also double check any after work plans I have to ensure I have what I need for that as well. Maybe an outfit change or layering of clothes, sometimes even another workout.
Once I have it all together I put everything in the bag and place it in my closet. I get my workout clothes and shoes for the morning and place them on top of the bag. This way in the morning I go into my closet and get my workout gear on, grab my bag and after washing my face and brushing my teeth I am ready for the day.
I need all the extra sleep I can get!
Happy Monday, it’s been 7 days of the food challenge and I think it’s going well. The hardest part for me is the cheese. I love cheese, really who doesn’t?
I have been enjoying protein balls, recipe is on here as well, smoothies, avocado and egg toast along with a lot of grilled lean meats. For my end of the night I normally like something sweet so instead I have been enjoying a glass to tea. I really like the ritual of it, letting me know it’s the end of the day/no more food.
Some of the replacements I use are below, keep it up only 14 days to go!
Chips = popcorn, zucchini chips or nuts
Cake/Cookies/Ice cream = protein balls or banana ice cream (both recipes are on here)
Alcohol/Soda = Water, carbonated water, kombucha or any other beverage
Cheese = Hummus, yogurt or sour cream
What are some of the things you are using? Share with us!
It’s time to get started! Starting tomorrow June 11 the Food Challenge begins, lasting 21 days. Join me by commenting or emailing us.
For 21 Days we will be eliminating the following items from our daily diet. It’s that easy. No measuring, calorie counting, following specific meals we are simply going to eliminate items that will help our daily health.
- Cake or cake like items /example donuts
- White Bread
- Ice cream
- Soda/Pop/Coke (whatever you call it) even diet
- Fast Food
The above items are what we are eliminating. I love doing this because it gives me a cleanse and a great boost of energy. It also allows me to try new things.
Join in today to have accountability and ideas for substitutions and recipes.