Saying goodbye to 2018 and hello to 2019 is so exciting for me. Some people don’t get into the new year and resolutions and I can appreciate that. I have always set more of what I consider goals for the next year, but close enough. I do however want to say that you do NOT have to wait for a new year, new month, new week or a Monday to make a change or start something new! Every minute of every day you have the choice to make a change or stick to something you have already set for yourself. Don’t wait to set some goals or make a positive move in your life!
With that said I am going to share my goals for 2019 with you! Some of them are the same as I had for 2018 and some are new.
- One of my goals is to lead a healthy life style. You will notice I didn’t say “lose weight” Because weight is not the only thing that makes you healthy, we all have different numbers on the scale that make us healthy. I focus more on good food choices, learning about what I am putting in and on my body and staying consistent.
- Financial budgeting and success. It is always important for me to budget and stick to my financial goals. In years past I had set out to pay off my student loans by the time I was 30 and I was able to do that! (So proud of this) I have also paid off my car and we are now able to put that money towards other goals and projects and fun we have in life. I want to continue this great path. I keep a spreadsheet and track every penny I spend. This allows me to see where I can make changes and what needs to be focused on.
- Relationships are my next goal. I want to focus on putting in the best possible effort I can to make all of my relationships positive and the best they can be. Sometimes this can be hard for me when I am not getting the same in return from other people, however I can only control myself and I want to be positive and happy knowing I made the best effort I could.
Those are my 3 focuses for the year. I don’t want to make too many goals/resolutions because I do stick to mine and I want to keep the focus on these 3 things I find important in my life at this time. 2018 was a year of healing and change for us and I am ready to settle in to our lives in McKinney and move forward to establish the life we want. It is going to be hard and we have already faced several challenges in the month and a half we have been here. I am ready for what is to come and I am happy to move forward.
What are your goals or resolutions for 2019?
I have to share this product with you guys, I am loving it! Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Gel / Focusing & Soothing. I am so sore almost all the time from working out and being active so a couple people recommended trying a product like this.
First off the smell is amazing! I love the lavender for a calming/soothing scent, which is so good for you after a work out. The texture is gel like but easier to rub in like a lotion, so it cools your muscle when you apply it to your skin. I use it all over; legs, arms, neck – you name it. I use it after the shower and the scents really do provide a calming effect. My muscles feel great after using as well, I am not pain free but the cooling really helps them to calm down and the more I use it the better I feel.
This is a great product to use after your workout and stretching to help with your muscle repair and healing. It will also allow you to feel calm and by being less sore you can push your self more in your next workout.
I also have chronic neck pain and I use it when it flares up. I can really tell a difference and it gives that icing feeling without needing to sit and wait 20 minutes to ice it.
I have added this to my daily routine and you need to try it for yourself!
Check out their website for many more products they offer. (I don’t sell any of this or make any money off any sales, I just really like to share products I love!)
Getting back into a consistent workout routine has been wonderful, even it I really didn’t take any time off. The stress relief, sweat and over all feeling after a great workout really makes me feel amazing as part of my over all mental health.
I have been doing virtual spin classes, TRX, weights, cardio and yoga. I really like to mix things up and not do the same thing everyday. It is also better for your body to keep it guessing and keep the changes coming. Your body will get used to the same thing over and over; making the results much less apparent if at all. This is where a lot of people plateau, get discouraged and quit.
DON’T QUIT, try something new. Is there a class you have always wanted to try? Do it. If your gym doesn’t have classes or you workout at home use the internet. Google free workout videos, search for different combos online there are so many things to choose from. You can try one of the combos under the Home Workouts section of my blog. If you normally hike or run try mixing in some weight training. Cardio is great but you need to build that muscle to keep changing and burning.
Whatever it is don’t be afraid to try something new. You never know what you will fall in love with or really give you a great workout.
Boerne is such a great place and I am so happy to share another wonderful option with you to stay active. Forever Fit Boerne is located on Main Street just behind Kelani Yogurt, walk through the iron gate down the path and through the adorable teal door. You be ready to shake and sweat!
I had such a great experience here. I loved the variety in the class and that no two are the same, your body gets hit in all areas while keeping your muscles guessing. The energetic music, challenging moves and calming atmosphere offer a great experience for anyone at any level. You can advance your workout by using higher rated bands, weights and lower just another inch into the position. These classes will let you know you had muscles you hadn’t met before.
Lisa is welcoming, warm and tough. She will give you the workout you need while making you feel right at home. This studio offers Barre, Cardio Dance and HIIT Barre. Try them all for some great sweat secession. Their scheduled is sure to accommodate any need from morning to evening and weekend. Personal lessons are also available.
Check out the website below for schedule and pricing options to meet any need.
I look forward to hearing how much you enjoy it because I know you will. Sweat local!
Life has been a little crazy at my house with so many different big things going on so I haven’t been finding the time to write. By the time I get home and done with my to do list I am just exhausted. I will share more soon on what has been going on.
I have been able to keep active and do something everyday to keep moving. However my food intake isn’t the best. I really need to focus on this because your food intake and what you are putting into your body really effects everything else with your health. I need to cleanse. I spent Sunday evening meal prepping for the week and I am going to have to push through with my self control.
My goals this week are to stay away from the sweets and sugars. Natural sugar is fine but the fake stuff isn’t needed. Here are some of the things fake sugars can do to your body
- It tricks your body into storing fat by increasing your cravings for carbs
- When you eat something sweet, your brain releases dopamine, which activates your brain’s reward center. The hormone leptin is also released, which eventually informs your brain that you are “full” once a certain amount of calories have been ingested.
- Digestive Issues
These are just a few of the issues. None of them sound fun to me. So this is my focus.
I want to share some tips for when you come back from a vacation or trip on how to get things back on track. A lot of people always say they let it all go on a vacation and come back and need to get it together again. Here are a few tips I use.
- Clean out the fridge & Pantry. You aren’t leaving your house fully stocked with everything so take this time to clean it out and get rid of all the expiring or unhealthy food you no longer want. (Make sure to donate anything you can!)
- Cleans. By this I mean take the next week to really eat clean, eliminate as much processed food as you can and eat whole foods. This allows your system to clean out of the food and drinks you enjoyed on your vacay.
- Get Active. Get right back into scheduling your workouts or activities to get you moving. Anything you like to get your body moving
- Plan your Meals and shop. Plan out your menu for the week all meals and get your shopping list together and go to the store. This will keep you eating clean and away from the fast food or grabbing something quick that isn’t so great for you.
- Cleanse your Skin. Don’t forget about your largest organ, your skin. Do some masks on your face to get those pores cleaned out and moisturize.
After a fun vacation take the time to stay on track. Don’t like a week or a few days derail all of your hard work.
I am really proud of my activity and consistency this past year. For about 5 years now I have really been focusing on working out and being active. This past year I have really pushed myself and seen great results. I have growing muscle tone and those days I slip up with my food don’t give me so many side effects. Here are some of the things that have really helped keep me consistence and pushing forward.
1.Tracking it – I use a couple different apps and a calendar to do this. I use MyFitnessPal, Endomondo & I keep it in my planner as well as calendar on the wall at my house. Why so many places you ask? For me the two apps track different things so I like them both, the additional of the planner and calendar are because my planner is always with me and keeps me scheduled. The calendar at homes let me know what is going on that week. Keeping it scheduled is key and helps hold me accountable to myself.
2. Trying New Things – I do not like to do the same thing in a work out over and over. I want to be doing new things and trying something new all the time. I love going to new gyms or studios, using free videos online or TV, getting workout DVDs from thrift stores or just doing my own thing at home. Whatever it is I have to mix it up and keep my body guessing.
3. Pictures – Some people think the selfie or gym pic is silly but guess what it can really motivate you. Actually seeing your progress or or body change in photos is really rewarding and pushes you forward.
4. Fit Friends – Surrounding yourself with people who like to be active and eat healthy has been very helpful. I like hearing their ideas and what they are doing or like. Plus is great to go out and be active with great company, walking or hiking, it doesn’t have to be in the gym.
These are the main things that have kept me going and will keep me going forward. What do you guys like to do? Follow me on the apps too!