We have been needing a new HVAC system for the upstairs of our house for some time. We knew the unit we had was too small and that meant our master bedroom got very little air. It also would run more than necessary because it was too small for the space.
Finally we decided to bite the bullet and get it done before the crazy hot summer of Texas. We have been using One Hour Air to do our semi annual services and we went with them for our new system as well.
I was able to get a great price and they started putting the new system in the next day. The speed was great! The professionals who came to do the install were so respectful of our home and belongings. They took great care to do the job carefully and correctly. They took out all the old and our new system is so big and shiny lol. The immediate improvement of air flow was amazing. We actually feel air in our master bedroom now and my husband isn’t complaining daily (about that) haha.
They also did a duct cleaning that got out so much nasty stuff ewwwww. The prior owners of our home really thought they could DIY a lot of things and they didn’t care for the prior system properly. Never used filters and let the coil get caked in dirt. I mean ewwwwww why? So now that we have the new system upstairs and all the clean ducts we can really tell a difference in the amount of dust in the bedrooms and the unit runs less and works better.
So happy but I still hate that kind of investment because of the money. I am cheap and home projects like that are just so vital but costly. Definitely maintain your homes properly and if you don’t know what you are doing I do not recommend DIYing. haha
I love going to the gym and working out, however I really do not when people don’t follow gym etiquette! Below are some of my pet peeves that I see people doing all the time. If you are going to the gym please make sure you follow gym etiquette.
- Clean your machine. I cannot stress this enough, do you want to use a machine covered in a stranger’s sweat? I didn’t think so. All gyms have the cleaning rags all over, after EVERY machine or piece of equipment you use wipe it down.
- Put your stuff away. If you are getting out several size weights, medicine ball and other items to get your sweat on wonderful, now put it all back when you are done. Other people are going to want to use the equipment and shouldn’t have to go on a wild goose chase to find it.
- Kids running around. Many gyms have a kids area where they can go while you workout, if your gym doesn’t then you need to make arrangements for your child while you work out. A young child running around can get seriously injured in a gym. This goes for those middle school aged/teenage kids as well, if they are not there to work out and you are not able to keep your eye on them they do not need to be there. This is not a playground.
- Give people space. Don’t hover over someone while they are exercising, leave room and if you are waiting on a machine give the person space to finish what they are doing and time to clean the machine then go over.
- Cell phone use. If you are going to have a phone conversation step outside, don’t disturb everyone else in the gym. If you are just going to sit on a machine and text or check social media for long extended periods of time, maybe just stay at home. If this is too tempting for you leave your phone in the car. Focus on what you are doing to get the best results.
I see these happen everyday and it can be really frustrating for people who are there and serious about their gym time. If it is your first time going to the gym ask for a tour and learn any specific rules the gym you are attending have. This way you are ready to go!