I tried out a local boxing gym, Title Boxing Club McKinney, and boy was it a blast! One of the hardest classes but also one of the most fun.
We started with a warm up and that alone really got your heart pumping and the sweat flowing. Next was 8 rounds with the bag including calisthenics in between, ending with abs and stretch. Does it sound easy? Well it wasn’t!
It was my first class with the gloves and my hands didn’t really enjoy being confined that long. I found myself wanting to take the gloves off and stretch my fingers. I didn’t but I really felt relief when we took them off for the abs. I believe over time my hands will adjust just like with anything else. It was also surprising to me how much it took to move the bag, that isn’t the goal, but realizing the force behind a punch to move a 100 lb bag is more than you think. FORM is much more important!
Anthony taught the class and he was wonderful. I really like that he noticed each person in the class and gave individual notes to each person to make sure the form and combination was correct. It is hard for me to fully understand just hearing over the microphone, especially with the music too. I really like to be able to see a demo first so I can make sure I am processing it correctly. I was positioned in a great place to be able to see him which really helped. They also taught me how to wrap my hands and assisted with everyone who had questions. The team was very concerned that each and every student in class had proper equipment, form and got a great workout for every different level. Each class is open to all levels and modifications are available to meet all needs. Don’t be shy and head on over.
Every person from the front desk, instructor and owner were welcoming, educational and personable. Don’t miss trying this great workout and your first class is free! I can’t wait to go back. Their website below has their class schedule and videos about what to expect.
I took a poll on Instagram recently wondering how many people went to more than one grocery store for their shopping needs. I was surprised at the response but it appears that 60% do! The other 40% thought it was too much work.
I recently have been going to two different stores because it has been saving a lot of money on our shopping. I will most likely be upping it to three because getting all the cleaning supplies and such I have found another place to go for even less. It does take more time but all the stores are fairly close and the savings is significant enough to make it worth it to me. Some areas or small towns this may be more difficult.
The way I break down our shopping:
- Produce & Meat
- Snacks, Boxed items, non perishable items
- Cleaning Supplies/Personal Care Items
In the past I have used a lot of coupons but that didn’t really make a difference, I now only use coupons on the food items we buy. Trying new brands or products never worked out for us, but it may for you. Using the stores rewards cards and apps actually seem to save us more money. The apps give you coupons you may not otherwise find and special discounts in the specific store.
We tend to go grocery shopping twice a month and cook a lot at home. Especially with me working from home now our shopping needs have slightly changed so going once a month just isn’t enough with perishable foods and produce.
Do you go to more than one store? What are your grocery shopping tips?
I love going to the gym and working out, however I really do not when people don’t follow gym etiquette! Below are some of my pet peeves that I see people doing all the time. If you are going to the gym please make sure you follow gym etiquette.
- Clean your machine. I cannot stress this enough, do you want to use a machine covered in a stranger’s sweat? I didn’t think so. All gyms have the cleaning rags all over, after EVERY machine or piece of equipment you use wipe it down.
- Put your stuff away. If you are getting out several size weights, medicine ball and other items to get your sweat on wonderful, now put it all back when you are done. Other people are going to want to use the equipment and shouldn’t have to go on a wild goose chase to find it.
- Kids running around. Many gyms have a kids area where they can go while you workout, if your gym doesn’t then you need to make arrangements for your child while you work out. A young child running around can get seriously injured in a gym. This goes for those middle school aged/teenage kids as well, if they are not there to work out and you are not able to keep your eye on them they do not need to be there. This is not a playground.
- Give people space. Don’t hover over someone while they are exercising, leave room and if you are waiting on a machine give the person space to finish what they are doing and time to clean the machine then go over.
- Cell phone use. If you are going to have a phone conversation step outside, don’t disturb everyone else in the gym. If you are just going to sit on a machine and text or check social media for long extended periods of time, maybe just stay at home. If this is too tempting for you leave your phone in the car. Focus on what you are doing to get the best results.
I see these happen everyday and it can be really frustrating for people who are there and serious about their gym time. If it is your first time going to the gym ask for a tour and learn any specific rules the gym you are attending have. This way you are ready to go!
I love the taste of cinnamon and lately I have been adding it to my toast, coffee and smoothies. Why? The benefits are wonderful!
- Loaded with Antioxidants
- Studies show that people who added 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon per day to their diet had lower risk for heart disease
- Lowers bad LDL and increases good HDL
- Can Improve sensitivity to the hormone insulin – insulin is part of regulating your metabolism and energy use, Cinnamon can reduce the insulin resistance many people have
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
- Studies link Cinnamon to inhibit the buildup of tau in the brain which is a trademark of Alzheimer’s disease
- Studies link cinnamon to help protect neurons and improve motor function
- Helps fight bacterial and fungal infections
- Optimizes Oral Health
- Skin Health
- Natural Sweetener
- Contains small amounts of protein, fiber, maganese, calcium, iron, vitamin K, vitamin E, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, zinc & copper
Make sure you are using Ceylon Cinnamon, this is “true” cinnamon there are other varieties that have coumarin in them which is not believed to be good for us.
Add this to your diet and share how you are doing it with us.
I cannot express how much I love my FabFitFun boxes. I get to try new products, learn about companies and have a fun surprise every season. People ask me a lot what comes in the box, well you never know! That is the fun. However, it is FULL SIZE products so you can truly try them and see if you like them. For me a sample size is usually enough for one time so how do I really know if I like it or get any of the results it claims. The products are anything from personal care, make up, jewelry, clothing, house hold items, bags, and so much more. A lot of stuff I share on here I was first introduced to through FabFitFun.
The winter box was wonderful this year.
First of all the Jade Roller, seriously my favorite thing. TIP: Do not store this in your bathroom, keep it in a cool place. I keep mine in the refrigerator because the cooling feeling is amazing. I use it after moisturizing my face and make sure you go in one direction not back and forth.
The Blaq eye masks are divine and really help with my dark circles. The Hydrate face mask is amazing, see full post. The highlighter and lipstick are perfect colors for me, which they determine from the quiz. Dry Shampoo is always a life saver and this one was great. Body scrub and a hair mask, plus a blanket….I mean I am truly loving all of these.
Liquid Gold, literally, I had forgotten how beneficial Honey in your diet was until reading EatingWell Magazine the other day. Since then I have been putting it into my smoothies and the natural sweetener is subtle and the benefits huge.
- Fat Free
- Cholesterol Free
- Sodium Free
- Allergy Relief – anti-inflammatory effects can reduce seasonal allergy symptoms
- Loaded with antioxidants which prevent cellular damage. Some studies show it boosts postmenopausal women’s memory
- Antioxidants can also help lower Blood Pressure, Improve Cholesterol, Lower Triglycerides
- Helps the body Absorb Calcium
- Cough Suppressant
- Sleep Aid – can cause a rise in insulin and release serotonin which the body can convert to melatonin – can help to regulate the sleep and wake cycles
- Treats Dandruff – Honey diluted with 10% warm water and apply it to problem areas can relieve itch and reduce scalp scaling
- Natural Antibiotic that can be used on wounds and burns to promote healing and reduce inflammation
- Antibacterial and Antifungal properties
- Natural Sweetener for cooking
Keep in mind having Honey one time is not going to change your life, you need to incorporate it into your diet on a daily basis. 1 Tablespoon a day has been shown to give people these benefits.
I get all natural local honey in my grocery store. Try adding it to your cooking and let me know what you think!
Oh boy have things been going on with the house. I am not happy to say that we found out we had a slab leak, for anyone unfamiliar that means a leak under the foundation of our house! (Yes, we just moved in and yes, we are very sure the sellers knew about it.) However, we needed to focus on fixing it. Who knows how long they let this go but I was immediately alerted after our first water and gas bill. The water company even contacted us to say based on the consumption you most likely have a leak. So investigating began.
I checked everything, nothing was running, but our meter was. Everyone kept trying to say it was a leaking toilet but those had all been checked. When the plumber arrived, who was so nice and professional, he agreed not the toilet. He had a hard time finding it at first but once he turned off our tankless water heater the meter stopped. Meaning a pipe leading to or from the water heater was the problem. Since we do not have a tank we weren’t running out of hot water it was just constantly making hot water. They used sound over our floors to locate the leak and luckily were able to break through the garage floor with no tunneling needed to find and replace the pipe. (For some time we thought they would have to break through the kitchen floor.) The leak is now fixed! I would definitely recommend this plumbing company, Service Contractors Plumbing and specifically James. He was great!
Now that the leak was fixed I had to finally give in and organize our garage. I didn’t want to purchase anything new at this time to complete this because I wanted to get things cleaned out and put away with what we had. Now I can take some time to see what we need or want to change about the garage. I am happy with how it is for now, we just need to find a place to take the 6 huge containers of paint the previous owners left. They actually left a lot of stuff we have had to clean out, including furniture. Some people are just really rude, that is all I will say. 🙂
A lot of people skip organizing the garage and just throw things in there but then you can’t find things easily. So what I did was put the things we use the most in one area in storage baskets/tubs that we can grab easily and are near the door to the house. This section is used a lot and also has our second refrigerator. I put decorations in plastic tubs by season and store them all together so we can change out our decor easily by having everything to put away and get out in one place. After that I fill in the rest with my husbands hunting stuff, sports items and miscellaneous. Through out the process I am eliminating boxes, trash, anything that is broken or we don’t use or need anymore. Don’t store it if you don’t use or need it!