So I have been MIA with my posts lately and I am sorry. Sometimes life gets in the way and before I know it it’s a month later. Let’s start with some House Happenings.
We are excited to be relocating VERY soon! Our house went on the market September 1 and I wasn’t really thinking it would go quickly, people told me it would but what do they know lol. I really didn’t think we would be in a new house for the holidays! So all of a sudden our house was under contract and we needed to find our new dream home asap. I am glad to say that under pressure things worked out and we were able to find our new house.
With that being said my free time has been taken up by cleaning out, cleaning up and packing. I don’t like to wait until the last minute for things. We have moved 6 other times together in (8 years) so I know my way around what needs to be done. I start by cleaning out every closet, cabinet, drawer and room of anything we don’t need or want any more. (Including furniture) I sell some and donate the rest.
Then I start by packing all of the framed photos and decor throughout the house. You don’t need these things for daily living and it eliminates so much! As I seal each box I label it and then take it out to the garage. Getting the boxes out of the way helps keep you organized and know what is left to pack. After decor I start with the closets and cabinets in rooms other than the kitchen and bedrooms, usually coat closets, dvd cabinets etc. Making sure the label and move the boxes as I finish. While doing this if we find more to get rid of we do! Next we do the bathrooms and bedrooms that aren’t being used, leaving just our clothes, bathroom & kitchen. This is where we are now.
Once I get to this point I start deep cleaning the house, scrubbing base boards, cleaning out the fridge, cleaning all closet shelves and walls that you can get to. After all the deep cleaning then I get everything in the garage boxed up and cleaned out. Now I am ready to enjoy the last few days in our house and won’t feel rushed to pack our clothes and kitchen. (I also have already packed up everything in the kitchen that we don’t use daily such as serving dishes, mixers, appliances etc.)
So as you can see I have been busy. 🙂 I also had jury duty and work full time. Plan ahead and it isn’t so bad.
I want to share some tips for when you come back from a vacation or trip on how to get things back on track. A lot of people always say they let it all go on a vacation and come back and need to get it together again. Here are a few tips I use.
- Clean out the fridge & Pantry. You aren’t leaving your house fully stocked with everything so take this time to clean it out and get rid of all the expiring or unhealthy food you no longer want. (Make sure to donate anything you can!)
- Cleans. By this I mean take the next week to really eat clean, eliminate as much processed food as you can and eat whole foods. This allows your system to clean out of the food and drinks you enjoyed on your vacay.
- Get Active. Get right back into scheduling your workouts or activities to get you moving. Anything you like to get your body moving
- Plan your Meals and shop. Plan out your menu for the week all meals and get your shopping list together and go to the store. This will keep you eating clean and away from the fast food or grabbing something quick that isn’t so great for you.
- Cleanse your Skin. Don’t forget about your largest organ, your skin. Do some masks on your face to get those pores cleaned out and moisturize.
After a fun vacation take the time to stay on track. Don’t like a week or a few days derail all of your hard work.
Check out our Instagram & Facebook posts to enter for your chance to win 2 free entries to the Boerne Handmade Market in October! This is a don’t miss event in the Hill Country.
I am really proud of my activity and consistency this past year. For about 5 years now I have really been focusing on working out and being active. This past year I have really pushed myself and seen great results. I have growing muscle tone and those days I slip up with my food don’t give me so many side effects. Here are some of the things that have really helped keep me consistence and pushing forward.
1.Tracking it – I use a couple different apps and a calendar to do this. I use MyFitnessPal, Endomondo & I keep it in my planner as well as calendar on the wall at my house. Why so many places you ask? For me the two apps track different things so I like them both, the additional of the planner and calendar are because my planner is always with me and keeps me scheduled. The calendar at homes let me know what is going on that week. Keeping it scheduled is key and helps hold me accountable to myself.
2. Trying New Things – I do not like to do the same thing in a work out over and over. I want to be doing new things and trying something new all the time. I love going to new gyms or studios, using free videos online or TV, getting workout DVDs from thrift stores or just doing my own thing at home. Whatever it is I have to mix it up and keep my body guessing.
3. Pictures – Some people think the selfie or gym pic is silly but guess what it can really motivate you. Actually seeing your progress or or body change in photos is really rewarding and pushes you forward.
4. Fit Friends – Surrounding yourself with people who like to be active and eat healthy has been very helpful. I like hearing their ideas and what they are doing or like. Plus is great to go out and be active with great company, walking or hiking, it doesn’t have to be in the gym.
These are the main things that have kept me going and will keep me going forward. What do you guys like to do? Follow me on the apps too!
One of my favorite things to do is walk through different parks or areas of town to explore. Not only is this a great way to stay active but I get to see new places. Veterans Plaza is located in the heart of Boerne off Main Street and is a beautiful place to take some time and appreciate what is around you but also the sacrifice many men and women have made for the lives we have today.
As you walk up the main entrance you will see the names of so many local people who have served in all branches of service. If you are from here I am sure you can find a name you recognize or are related to. As you come up to the center you will read some beautiful stories of brilliance, heart, strength and selflessness.
I grabbed some lunch and sat on a bench in the shade and enjoyed some me time. There is plenty of room for pets and family to enjoy some time outside together or even a great outdoor workout. Many of you have driven by and never stopped. I really recommend taking a moment to walk to the center and read the stories of some amazing people from right here in our community.
My husband and I have always loved going to baseball games together. He is Cardinals fan and I am a Reds fan, the rivalry is the best. We have gone to several games together over the years and enjoy sports in general. We recently went to the San Antonio Missions baseball game and had a blast. If you are local and haven’t gone you really should and take the entire family.
The stadium has easy parking, clean and tons of food to pick from. The tickets are super affordable and the atmosphere & fans are great. It happened to rain the entire time we were there but we still had a great time. Everything is affordable from tickets, drinks, food and even the merchandise. We had great seats but from looking around it appeared all seats would give you a great view of the game.
The website is very easy to navigate to see the schedule and get tickets. It shows all the promotions and other fun stuff going on as well.
Head out for a fun day or night out!
Progress on some of the house to do list is slowly happening. The battle of the weeds in the yard continues. It just appears overnight in huge amounts and really bothers me. I have tried the the Scott’s weed killer that you sprinkle all over the yard and the spray so I am looking into other things to try. The yard also really needs to be mowed right now but I can’t so it’s just growing….
I was able to paint our kitchen island to carry our accent color of grey from the entrance of the house all the way through to the kitchen now. I am debating on doing another wall near the pantry but I really like to choose walls that don’t require much cutting in and taping and that wall had a door and will have to be done all with a paint brush. The debate.
I still need to hang the chandelier, get rid of the old grill, mulch the leaves hiding behind the shed and some other things. Owning a home is fun but the fun never ends.