Since we moved to McKinney we had been told by multiple people to try Hutchins BBQ. So we headed that way on a Saturday night and I am so glad we did. We went at a great time and the line was hardly anything. (We have heard it can get pretty long) The smell was so inviting and as you are ordering they slice the meat fresh in front of you and you can see all the different cuts and types to choose from. You then walk through a bar of side dishes and meet the cashier. They run this line very smoothly and efficiently so you aren’t waiting long. However make sure to plan ahead you don’t want to get there and they are out of your favorite type of meat.
I was so excited to sit down and eat. I had pulled pork and brisket with macaroni & cheese with coleslaw. The meat was tender and melted in my mouth. The macaroni and coleslaw were delicious compliments to the meat, they weren’t too saucy and runny or over dressed. It was for sure the best bbq I had ever had. I would go back everyday if it wouldn’t go strait to my waste line. 🙂
The atmosphere was great. Very casual with lots of seating, tons of condiments and great desert choices. The desert is no extra charge just enjoy, if you can after all of that bbq! Make sure to head over if you haven’t yet and if you are visiting it is a must go for lunch or dinner. You can even get family meals to take home for the whole fam.
Link for their menu and locations
I love my teeth and I want bright whites, just like all of you. Charcoal is all the rage right now in health products and provides great benefits in some uses.
The charcoal tooth paste/tooth whitening trend is everywhere so you know I had to try it. I used it a couple of times and started to wonder how it was really working. So I reached out to a Dentist I know and he gave me the 411. DO NOT USE IT! He explained that the charcoal is abrasive and is actually removing/scratching the surface of your tooth, that is why you get the quick whitening results but you are actually damaging your teeth. No thank you! I do not want thin weak teeth, I like to eat too much.
Yes it whitens and is natural but that doesn’t mean it is good for you. Think twice about products like these. Stick to going to the dentist for whitening from the inside of your teeth out.
I tried out a local boxing gym, Title Boxing Club McKinney, and boy was it a blast! One of the hardest classes but also one of the most fun.
We started with a warm up and that alone really got your heart pumping and the sweat flowing. Next was 8 rounds with the bag including calisthenics in between, ending with abs and stretch. Does it sound easy? Well it wasn’t!
It was my first class with the gloves and my hands didn’t really enjoy being confined that long. I found myself wanting to take the gloves off and stretch my fingers. I didn’t but I really felt relief when we took them off for the abs. I believe over time my hands will adjust just like with anything else. It was also surprising to me how much it took to move the bag, that isn’t the goal, but realizing the force behind a punch to move a 100 lb bag is more than you think. FORM is much more important!
Anthony taught the class and he was wonderful. I really like that he noticed each person in the class and gave individual notes to each person to make sure the form and combination was correct. It is hard for me to fully understand just hearing over the microphone, especially with the music too. I really like to be able to see a demo first so I can make sure I am processing it correctly. I was positioned in a great place to be able to see him which really helped. They also taught me how to wrap my hands and assisted with everyone who had questions. The team was very concerned that each and every student in class had proper equipment, form and got a great workout for every different level. Each class is open to all levels and modifications are available to meet all needs. Don’t be shy and head on over.
Every person from the front desk, instructor and owner were welcoming, educational and personable. Don’t miss trying this great workout and your first class is free! I can’t wait to go back. Their website below has their class schedule and videos about what to expect.
I took a poll on Instagram recently wondering how many people went to more than one grocery store for their shopping needs. I was surprised at the response but it appears that 60% do! The other 40% thought it was too much work.
I recently have been going to two different stores because it has been saving a lot of money on our shopping. I will most likely be upping it to three because getting all the cleaning supplies and such I have found another place to go for even less. It does take more time but all the stores are fairly close and the savings is significant enough to make it worth it to me. Some areas or small towns this may be more difficult.
The way I break down our shopping:
- Produce & Meat
- Snacks, Boxed items, non perishable items
- Cleaning Supplies/Personal Care Items
In the past I have used a lot of coupons but that didn’t really make a difference, I now only use coupons on the food items we buy. Trying new brands or products never worked out for us, but it may for you. Using the stores rewards cards and apps actually seem to save us more money. The apps give you coupons you may not otherwise find and special discounts in the specific store.
We tend to go grocery shopping twice a month and cook a lot at home. Especially with me working from home now our shopping needs have slightly changed so going once a month just isn’t enough with perishable foods and produce.
Do you go to more than one store? What are your grocery shopping tips?
I love going to the gym and working out, however I really do not when people don’t follow gym etiquette! Below are some of my pet peeves that I see people doing all the time. If you are going to the gym please make sure you follow gym etiquette.
- Clean your machine. I cannot stress this enough, do you want to use a machine covered in a stranger’s sweat? I didn’t think so. All gyms have the cleaning rags all over, after EVERY machine or piece of equipment you use wipe it down.
- Put your stuff away. If you are getting out several size weights, medicine ball and other items to get your sweat on wonderful, now put it all back when you are done. Other people are going to want to use the equipment and shouldn’t have to go on a wild goose chase to find it.
- Kids running around. Many gyms have a kids area where they can go while you workout, if your gym doesn’t then you need to make arrangements for your child while you work out. A young child running around can get seriously injured in a gym. This goes for those middle school aged/teenage kids as well, if they are not there to work out and you are not able to keep your eye on them they do not need to be there. This is not a playground.
- Give people space. Don’t hover over someone while they are exercising, leave room and if you are waiting on a machine give the person space to finish what they are doing and time to clean the machine then go over.
- Cell phone use. If you are going to have a phone conversation step outside, don’t disturb everyone else in the gym. If you are just going to sit on a machine and text or check social media for long extended periods of time, maybe just stay at home. If this is too tempting for you leave your phone in the car. Focus on what you are doing to get the best results.
I see these happen everyday and it can be really frustrating for people who are there and serious about their gym time. If it is your first time going to the gym ask for a tour and learn any specific rules the gym you are attending have. This way you are ready to go!
I love the taste of cinnamon and lately I have been adding it to my toast, coffee and smoothies. Why? The benefits are wonderful!
- Loaded with Antioxidants
- Studies show that people who added 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon per day to their diet had lower risk for heart disease
- Lowers bad LDL and increases good HDL
- Can Improve sensitivity to the hormone insulin – insulin is part of regulating your metabolism and energy use, Cinnamon can reduce the insulin resistance many people have
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
- Studies link Cinnamon to inhibit the buildup of tau in the brain which is a trademark of Alzheimer’s disease
- Studies link cinnamon to help protect neurons and improve motor function
- Helps fight bacterial and fungal infections
- Optimizes Oral Health
- Skin Health
- Natural Sweetener
- Contains small amounts of protein, fiber, maganese, calcium, iron, vitamin K, vitamin E, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, zinc & copper
Make sure you are using Ceylon Cinnamon, this is “true” cinnamon there are other varieties that have coumarin in them which is not believed to be good for us.
Add this to your diet and share how you are doing it with us.
I cannot express how much I love my FabFitFun boxes. I get to try new products, learn about companies and have a fun surprise every season. People ask me a lot what comes in the box, well you never know! That is the fun. However, it is FULL SIZE products so you can truly try them and see if you like them. For me a sample size is usually enough for one time so how do I really know if I like it or get any of the results it claims. The products are anything from personal care, make up, jewelry, clothing, house hold items, bags, and so much more. A lot of stuff I share on here I was first introduced to through FabFitFun.
The winter box was wonderful this year.
First of all the Jade Roller, seriously my favorite thing. TIP: Do not store this in your bathroom, keep it in a cool place. I keep mine in the refrigerator because the cooling feeling is amazing. I use it after moisturizing my face and make sure you go in one direction not back and forth.
The Blaq eye masks are divine and really help with my dark circles. The Hydrate face mask is amazing, see full post. The highlighter and lipstick are perfect colors for me, which they determine from the quiz. Dry Shampoo is always a life saver and this one was great. Body scrub and a hair mask, plus a blanket….I mean I am truly loving all of these.