Life has been a little crazy at my house with so many different big things going on so I haven’t been finding the time to write. By the time I get home and done with my to do list I am just exhausted. I will share more soon on what has been going on.
I have been able to keep active and do something everyday to keep moving. However my food intake isn’t the best. I really need to focus on this because your food intake and what you are putting into your body really effects everything else with your health. I need to cleanse. I spent Sunday evening meal prepping for the week and I am going to have to push through with my self control.
My goals this week are to stay away from the sweets and sugars. Natural sugar is fine but the fake stuff isn’t needed. Here are some of the things fake sugars can do to your body
- It tricks your body into storing fat by increasing your cravings for carbs
- When you eat something sweet, your brain releases dopamine, which activates your brain’s reward center. The hormone leptin is also released, which eventually informs your brain that you are “full” once a certain amount of calories have been ingested.
- Digestive Issues
These are just a few of the issues. None of them sound fun to me. So this is my focus.
I want to share some tips for when you come back from a vacation or trip on how to get things back on track. A lot of people always say they let it all go on a vacation and come back and need to get it together again. Here are a few tips I use.
- Clean out the fridge & Pantry. You aren’t leaving your house fully stocked with everything so take this time to clean it out and get rid of all the expiring or unhealthy food you no longer want. (Make sure to donate anything you can!)
- Cleans. By this I mean take the next week to really eat clean, eliminate as much processed food as you can and eat whole foods. This allows your system to clean out of the food and drinks you enjoyed on your vacay.
- Get Active. Get right back into scheduling your workouts or activities to get you moving. Anything you like to get your body moving
- Plan your Meals and shop. Plan out your menu for the week all meals and get your shopping list together and go to the store. This will keep you eating clean and away from the fast food or grabbing something quick that isn’t so great for you.
- Cleanse your Skin. Don’t forget about your largest organ, your skin. Do some masks on your face to get those pores cleaned out and moisturize.
After a fun vacation take the time to stay on track. Don’t like a week or a few days derail all of your hard work.
We just got back from a vacation. It is rare for us to take a week together, we get short periods of time but with our jobs it’s hard to coordinate. Plus you know….life. A lot of other things are going on in our lives but we still mad it happen. It was great too, we got to spend time away and for 4 days I had no service and it was THE BEST! I totally recommend it. I missed nothing.
We went to Hot Springs, AR, Nashville, TN and Byrdstown, TN/Dale Hallow Lake. My family has been going to the lake since before I was born. My dad went with his family, then took my mom, then us and now we continued the tradition and now shared it with my niece. Being on the lake are some of the best memories from growing up, it is my favorite place. We spend our days on the water and evenings eating and talking but mostly laughing about something.
I stayed active with water sports, chasing my niece, walking and so much more. I used to love to just lay around on vacations but now I enjoy getting up early having coffee and getting things going. I know not everyone is like that! I love to see all the sights and being a “tourist” so yes in Nashville I was just that. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium and walked all over down town. It was so fun.
Hot Springs was beautiful, it was just a one night stop but it was gorgeous and I would definitely go back. We had a great dinner at a cute little brewery on the hill and a morning on the golf course.
Where are you favorite places to go?
Check out our Instagram & Facebook posts to enter for your chance to win 2 free entries to the Boerne Handmade Market in October! This is a don’t miss event in the Hill Country.
I am really proud of my activity and consistency this past year. For about 5 years now I have really been focusing on working out and being active. This past year I have really pushed myself and seen great results. I have growing muscle tone and those days I slip up with my food don’t give me so many side effects. Here are some of the things that have really helped keep me consistence and pushing forward.
1.Tracking it – I use a couple different apps and a calendar to do this. I use MyFitnessPal, Endomondo & I keep it in my planner as well as calendar on the wall at my house. Why so many places you ask? For me the two apps track different things so I like them both, the additional of the planner and calendar are because my planner is always with me and keeps me scheduled. The calendar at homes let me know what is going on that week. Keeping it scheduled is key and helps hold me accountable to myself.
2. Trying New Things – I do not like to do the same thing in a work out over and over. I want to be doing new things and trying something new all the time. I love going to new gyms or studios, using free videos online or TV, getting workout DVDs from thrift stores or just doing my own thing at home. Whatever it is I have to mix it up and keep my body guessing.
3. Pictures – Some people think the selfie or gym pic is silly but guess what it can really motivate you. Actually seeing your progress or or body change in photos is really rewarding and pushes you forward.
4. Fit Friends – Surrounding yourself with people who like to be active and eat healthy has been very helpful. I like hearing their ideas and what they are doing or like. Plus is great to go out and be active with great company, walking or hiking, it doesn’t have to be in the gym.
These are the main things that have kept me going and will keep me going forward. What do you guys like to do? Follow me on the apps too!
Recently I have really been trying to find new products for my skin care. I have noticed a lot of changes and I really haven’t gotten into a good routine. I have found, that for me, I need something I can grab in a store and not order online or through a seller. I don’t order in advance so I need to just go pick some up. I also don’t like a super expensive price tag so that is important to me. I don’t personally think I have to stick with a full line either, I am mixing and matching what I like best. Here is what I am currently using.
- Hill Country Make Up Remover Wipes / For those of you not in Texas, this is the HEB version. I have also used Neutrogena and fine them to work exactly the same so I purchase whichever is less $$$ – I use this wipe first to remove all my make up for the day or to refresh after a workout.
- Fresh Foaming Cleanser / Neutrogena – I really like this cleanser, it gets deep into my pores and my face looks fresh with no residue after using. I use this after the make up remover.
- Pore Refining Toner / Neutrogena – I have actually used this for a couple of years and every time I stop using it regularly I see my pores getting huge again. A bottle last a long time too because you just use a little bit on a cotton ball after cleansing.
- Pore Strips / Biore – My mom introduced these to me when I was younger (oh happy days) I love them. I actually really love to see everything they pull out of my skin. I buy the value pack that has the nose strips along with the one for your forehead. I cut the one for your forehead in half and use it on either side of my nose strip to get the additional pores on my cheeks. I also do the same with another strip for the chin. I do this once every other week after cleansing/before toner.
- Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream / Aveeno – I grabbed this one day because it was on sale and I feel in love. After washing my face at night I put this on my face, neck and back of my hands. I let it all soak in and my face feels so soft and I can see a difference in the evenness of my skin.
I try my best to do this every night. Sometimes I am lazy and it’s the last thing on my mind but I really see a big difference when I stick to it. I see less oil on my face half way through the day and less outbreaks, which have become a thing now that I am 30. Aging is fun. Try some of these if you are on the search and don’t be afraid to mix and match brands & products.
One of my favorite things to do is walk through different parks or areas of town to explore. Not only is this a great way to stay active but I get to see new places. Veterans Plaza is located in the heart of Boerne off Main Street and is a beautiful place to take some time and appreciate what is around you but also the sacrifice many men and women have made for the lives we have today.
As you walk up the main entrance you will see the names of so many local people who have served in all branches of service. If you are from here I am sure you can find a name you recognize or are related to. As you come up to the center you will read some beautiful stories of brilliance, heart, strength and selflessness.
I grabbed some lunch and sat on a bench in the shade and enjoyed some me time. There is plenty of room for pets and family to enjoy some time outside together or even a great outdoor workout. Many of you have driven by and never stopped. I really recommend taking a moment to walk to the center and read the stories of some amazing people from right here in our community.