Food · Health · House · Organization · Products · Texas Life

Grocery Shopping

I took a poll on Instagram recently wondering how many people went to more than one grocery store for their shopping needs. I was surprised at the response but it appears that 60% do! The other 40% thought it was too much work.

Image result for grocery shopping

I recently have been going to two different stores because it has been saving a lot of money on our shopping. I will most likely be upping it to three because getting all the cleaning supplies and such I have found another place to go for even less. It does take more time but all the stores are fairly close and the savings is significant enough to make it worth it to me. Some areas or small towns this may be more difficult.

The way I break down our shopping:

  1. Produce & Meat
  2. Snacks, Boxed items, non perishable items
  3. Cleaning Supplies/Personal Care Items

In the past I have used a lot of coupons but that didn’t really make a difference, I now only use coupons on the food items we buy. Trying new brands or products never worked out for us, but it may for you. Using the stores rewards cards and apps actually seem to save us more money. The apps give you coupons you may not otherwise find and special discounts in the specific store.

We tend to go grocery shopping twice a month and cook a lot at home. Especially with me working from home now our shopping needs have slightly changed so going once a month just isn’t enough with perishable foods and produce.

Do you go to more than one store? What are your grocery shopping tips?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s