I love the taste of cinnamon and lately I have been adding it to my toast, coffee and smoothies. Why? The benefits are wonderful!
- Loaded with Antioxidants
- Studies show that people who added 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon per day to their diet had lower risk for heart disease
- Lowers bad LDL and increases good HDL
- Can Improve sensitivity to the hormone insulin – insulin is part of regulating your metabolism and energy use, Cinnamon can reduce the insulin resistance many people have
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
- Studies link Cinnamon to inhibit the buildup of tau in the brain which is a trademark of Alzheimer’s disease
- Studies link cinnamon to help protect neurons and improve motor function
- Helps fight bacterial and fungal infections
- Optimizes Oral Health
- Skin Health
- Natural Sweetener
- Contains small amounts of protein, fiber, maganese, calcium, iron, vitamin K, vitamin E, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, zinc & copper
Make sure you are using Ceylon Cinnamon, this is “true” cinnamon there are other varieties that have coumarin in them which is not believed to be good for us.
Add this to your diet and share how you are doing it with us.