I am sharing my healthier version of Mac & Cheese. Try it out and let me know what you think
- 10oz Banza Pasta *made of chic peas and packed with protein*
- 2 cups of milk & 1/2 cup of milk (any kind, even almond)
- 1/4 flour
- 3/4 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salk & Pepper to taste
- Bread Crumbs (optional)
1. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes
2. While your pasta is cooking bring your 2 cups of milk to a simmer **keep the milk moving so it doesn’t burn and clump up** In a separate bowl whisk the remaining milk and flower together. Add it to the simmering milk and stir until it thickens.
3. Add Salt, Pepper and cheese to the thickened milk and stir until the cheese melts.
4. Once your pasta is done drain the water and dump into a casserole pan, add in your cheese sauce and mix together. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and place in the oven under the broiler for 5 minutes or until browned.
This is easy and great for meal prepping. You can add in chicken, tuna, broccoli or anything else you like.